Sunday, September 26, 2010

apple pickin'

A few weeks ago our friends the Welborns invited us to go apple picking with them at Eckert's Farm just across the river in Illinois. We might have both brought our dogs with us :)

Kristen + Mitch


apples

It was a little warm, and the dogs were much more interested in finding shade than they were in the apples.

Heidi

It looks like a snarl, but I'm pretty sure he was having fun.

Ollie shade 2

We might have eaten an apple or two along the way...

Kristen

 There is just something about eating an apple right off of the tree that makes it even more delicious!

eating apples

collage

Our loot!

bag of apples

Later that week, Kristen and I both (separately, and unaware of the other) attempted to make PW's Flat Apple pie. Sadly, it was the first time that a Pioneer Woman recipe let me down, and it turns out I wasn't the only one! Kristen's was a flop too. Thankfully we still had some delicious apples to enjoy!

Thanks for a fun day Kristen and Mitch!!

No comments:

Post a Comment