Saturday, October 2, 2010

baby shower!

A few weeks ago Kara and I had the pleasure of hosting a baby shower for our dear friend Kristen. We had a fun time planning the party and thinking of ways to make our "southern belle" feel loved! Here are the invitations I "designed" (or knocked off from something I found online!)

invite


We wanted the decor to be classy yet fun, so we decided to use a mix of our china along with Martha's tissue paper balls to add little pizazz..

decor

We had a little bit of salty [mini meatballs, veggie pizza, savory (aka "Yankee") cheese spread, hummus]...

salty

and a little bit of sweet! [sugar cookies, oreo truffles, mini cupcakes + punch]

sweet

We played a few games...

game

watched Kristen open presents...

presents

and enjoyed our (kid-free!) time with each other. (You know you are at a Gulf Drive (seminary owned housing) baby shower when there are multiple pregnant people there...we had 5 - see below!)

girls

Maren felt like she was missing out and made a brief appearance :)

maren

Isn't Kristen adorable?!

kristen

Kristen and the clean up crew...

boys

Mitch + Kristen - we love you guys and can't WAIT to meet Mary Louise!!

2 comments:

The Novaks said...

How BEAUTIFUL!!! Everything...Kristen, the shower, the pictures, all my dear friends that I miss so much! Jenna, thanks for posting pictures.

Mitch and Kristen said...

Everything was really beautiful and fun! And the food was delish!

Post a Comment